Governor’s 2012 Action Plan
- Reduce the tax burden on Utah’s employers and spur new hiring by reducing the unemployment insurance rate.
- Assist the growth of companies in rural Utah by extending the Business Expansion and Retention program to all rural counties.
- Double exports over the next five years by increasing outreach and technical assistance to Utah companies to expand international markets.
- Align public sector job training and placement efforts with private sector demands and workforce needs.
- Increase the number of Utah start-up companies by improving access to seed funding.
- Develop a world-class, one-stop-shop for business resources by revamping the structure, collaboration and service delivery statewide.
- Continue to recruit new companies to the state and market Utah as the “best place for business.”
- Ensure a vibrant business environment and maintain Utah’s AAA bond-rating through continuous regulatory reform and fiscally prudent management of state government.